Combination Block

Thursday, May 18, 2006

I Am Not Afraid Of You And I Will Beat Your Ass


hello friends. long time no write.

I want to give a shout out to two really great songs today.





Yesterday, Matador Records posted a track off the forthcoming Yo La Tengo record "I Am Not Afraid Of You And I Will Beat Your Ass." It's really good. In fact, I can't say enough about it.

See for yourself:

Yo La Tengo - Beanbag Chair

Now, when your friends are in bands it's sort of hard to be honest all the time about their music... am I right? You go and see them with high hopes - but it always sounds like Creed karaoke night. Getting to the point - my friend Emily Arkin from Somerville, MA has a new project called Shepardess. She's working with Hilken Mancini (count me outs, fuzzy, punk rock aerobics) and Mike Savage (count me outs, cherry 2000).

They are really good. Emily is a big Breeder's fan and it shows. I hope you like it.

Shepardess - Upside Down

www.myspace.com/shepardess

www.emilyarkin.com



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home